Tuesday, June 28, 2011
An Introduction...
Six words to describe me: Inspired, Easygoing, Creative, Contemporary, Playful, and Witty.
I am a recent graduate from San Francisco State University’s Design and Industry department with an emphasis in Visual Communications. I was born in San Francisco but, my family moved when I was 7 and I moved back 5 years ago for attend school at SF state. Since moving here I’ve really felt the creative energy of the city fuel my love of design.
Looking back now I can see that Graphic Design was my chosen path in life. When I was young I would always spend hours drawing pictures in Windows Paint and looking at the different typeface the came with Microsoft Works. Though at the time I didn’t know that graphic designers had interests in those sort of things or the it could be apart of any career. It wasn’t until college that I started to take interest in graphic design. My love of graphic design started with magazines. There were a number of art magazines like Clear, Juxtapose, and HOW, which had layouts that caught my attention. Soon I was picking up books at the library about magazine layout and type design which pushed me to change my major from business to Visual Communications.
Though it has been a challenge going through the Design and Industry program at SF State I also have to say it’s been a lot fun and I’ve found out so much more about myself since pursuing this major than any major that I had considers before. I have found a community that was welcoming, a place to channel my creative energy, and better college experience than I could have ever imagined.
In the future I would love to become the art director of a small magazine or design firm that is locally based hear in San Francisco. I enjoy inspiring people around and working with others to create some amazing projects. And if I can get paid to do it even better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment